Air Base Wing Headquarters Relocation
Building 460 at Tinker AFB was occupied by the Judge Advocate General (JAG) corps. The building was determined to be deficient and unable to be feasibly updated to current codes. This project relocated the 72nd Air Base Wing (ABW) Headquarters (HQ) JAG personnel and other functions from Building 460 to Buildings 1, 7005, 1002, and 1014. New furniture was provided in each building that required FF&E design and procurement. The following is a description of the work completed in each building.
Building 1: The following areas were renovated and improved as part of this project. Each interior area included new lighting, power and communication receptacles, and balancing existing air distribution to serve the new layouts: Multi-Office Area , ID Office Area, MPS Offices, Military Training Area, and a new Handicap Accessible Ramp. Building 1 was occupied during construction.
Avenue ‘D’: Avenue ‘D’ is a two-lane road separated by a grass median located on the west side of Building 1. The median of Avenue ‘D’ was converted to angled parking spaces accessible from the east lane while the east lane of the Avenue ‘D’ was milled and overlayed with a new layer of asphalt pavement.
B7005: Work in this building included the interior renovations to existing work areas, private offices, and conference room the construction of new restrooms and an ADA‐compliant building entrance door, and converting the existing HVAC return plenum to a ducted return system. Each space required new floor, ceiling, and wall finishes in addition to new power and communication receptacles and a new fire alarm system.
B1002: Work in this building included the construction of new public and executive restrooms, break rooms, janitor’s closet, and waiting area, the reconfiguration of the Commander’s Suite, and the reconfiguration of office spaces throughout the facility. The building received a new fire suppression and fire alarm system. The existing HVAC system was adjusted and balanced with new controls to serve the new building floor plan. Each space required new floor, ceiling, and wall finishes in addition to new power and communication receptacles.B1014: Work in this building included converting an existing pre‐engineered, single‐story office facility into a military judicial facility that included a new courtroom, hearing room, jury room, offices, and support facilities. Each space required new floor, ceiling, and wall finishes in addition to new power and communication receptacles, and new interior lighting. The building received a new fire suppression, fire alarm, and mass notification system. The HVAC system was completely replaced with a new energy efficient and code-compliant system. Insulation was added to the existing roof and exterior walls to further improve energy efficiency. The courtroom included a new audio‐visual system that included microphones, speakers, and an overhead visual display system. Exterior renovations included parking area revisions for AT/FP compliance, landscaping, walkways, and painting of the building exterior.
This design-build project resulted in multiple upgrades to four buildings all while some were occupied. There was no disruption to service and now the JAG corps has been relocated to more comfortable, functional, and safe facilities.