Where it all began.
This is truly the foundation of Guernsey. Our civil engineering roots reflect on our very first days in 1928. Though technology and processes are very different today than they were then, one thing that hasn’t changed is the value of a team who knows the intricacies of successful projects at every level: local, state and federal.
The life lines of cities.
Population growth, increased urbanization and new business opportunities are things every city wants – but with those benefits come the need for improved infrastructure. We have a strong history of providing governmental and private entities with public works and facility infrastructure improvements. Clients have trusted us with improvements to every area of a city’s infrastructure, including:
- Dams and Reservoirs
- Flood Control
- Drainage Structures
- Water and Wastewater Systems
- Electric Power Systems
- Resource Preservation
- Environmental Surveys and Investigations
- Land Development
- Government Building Programs
All shapes, sizes and zoning issues.
The variety of specialty services we offer in land development is as far and wide as, well, some of the stretches of land we’ve developed. Services we offer include site/master planning, zoning, site assessment, hydraulic and hydrologic studies, and site design. The end result is detailed, effective design documents for:
- Site Layout
- Water and Wastewater Systems
- Site Grading and Drainage
- Storm Sewer Collection Systems
- Stormwater Detention Systems
- Pavements and Parking Lots
- Heavy-Duty Industrial Pavements
- Sanitary Sewer Collection Systems
- Domestic and Fire Protection Water Distribution
- Landscape Architecture
Getting from point A to point B.
As our nation’s transportation system ages, it is imperative that emphasis be placed on repairing and replacing our existing networks. Not just the roads, rails, and skies that take us places, but also everything it takes to build these systems: grading, drainage, pavement and structural design/bridges, traffic signals, signage, striping layouts and more.
We’ve been an integral partner to counties, cities, departments of transportation, turnpike authorities, airports and private facilities nationwide. Areas of service include:
- Toll Plazas
- Bike Routes
Water is vital to the growth and prosperity of states and communities.
For any state or community to be sustainable, grow and prosper, they must have an executable plan for water supply and protection of their surrounding water resources. We understand the dynamics required to identify and develop sustainable water supplies. Drought conditions in the last decade have created cause for concern throughout the nation. Water has become a very valuable and precious resource—we cannot live without it. Areas of expertise include:
- Watershed and Water Supply Planning
- Municipal Water System Planning
- Water Quality Studies
- Water Resources Analysis
- Source Protection
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permitting
- Groundwater Investigations
- Water Supply Feasibility Studies
- Stormwater Planning and Permitting
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Analyses Drainage Studies
- Water Treatment/Water System Design
- Wastewater Treatment/Wastewater System Design
- Privatization of Water Systems
- Geographic Information System Applications