Utility Rate Analyst
Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of rate analysis, cost of service and rate design studies for electric cooperative and municipal electric systems
- Responsible for the preparation of financial analysis, forecasting, and economic feasibility studies
- Responsible for the preparation of testimony in support of regulated rate filings before state and federal commissions
- Ability to communicate in written and oral form with both clients and
- BS degree required in engineering, accounting, finance, business; MBA or PE a plus
- 5+ years professional experience required
- Strong analytical, writing, communication and organizational skills required
- Proficient in using spreadsheet software and working knowledge of word processing software.
- Some travel may be required
Essential Physical Functions:
Stand or sit – must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Walk –this position requires the ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. – 25% of the time. Full range of motion to walk, stoop and stand while working on worksites – 25% of the time. Use hands/fingers – must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer – 50% of the time. Talk – This position frequently communicates with internal and external customers, must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations – 25% of the time. Vision – must be able to clearly focus on information located on a computer screen, paperwork, etc. – 50% of the time. Lift/Carry – must be able to lift/carry up to 30 lbs. of site equipment when necessary.
Submit a resume online for this position.