Fire Protection Engineer
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Guernsey is searching for an exceptional Fire Protection Engineer to join our team. This engineer will be an integral part of building our Fire Protection capabilities as part of our integrated design delivery. The candidate will fulfill the role of life safety and fire protection expert on all assigned projects.
The responsibilities of the Fire Protection engineer
include, but are not limited to:
- Design fire detection and suppression systems
- Preparation of project specifications
- Evaluate, plan, and specify fire suppression water supplies and fire suppression systems
- Evaluate, plan, and specify special hazard suppression systems
- Evaluate, plan, and specify fire alarm and mass notification systems
- Prepare and evaluate fire protection systems’ calculations, e.g. hydraulic calculations, voltage drop calculations, etc.
- Perform hydrant flow test and analysis of water supplies
- Preparation of cost estimates
- Building life safety evaluation
- Code consultation
- Utilize Autodesk Revit for design and coordination with other disciplines
- Involvement in local professional organizations
- Collaborate with other fire protection staff to further develop and refine fire protection related policies and procedures
- Meet needs of both project team members (internal and external) and clients
- Communicate professionally and efficiently with team members and client
- Registered Fire Protection Engineer or ability to obtain within one year of employment
- BS in Fire Protection Engineering from an EAC or TAC ABET accredited degree program
- In-depth knowledge of model codes and NFPA standards
- Ability to work on a project team to ensure that production schedules are met
- Willing to travel to project sites as required
- Licensed Fire Protection Engineer in Oklahoma
- 6+ years experience in the field of fire protection and life safety
- MS or ME in Fire Protection Engineering
Essential Physical Functions:
Stand or sit – must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.Walk –this position requires the ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. – 25% of the time.Full range of motion to walk, stoop and stand while working on worksites – 25% of the time.Use hands/fingers – must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer – 50% of the time.Talk – This position frequently communicates with internal and external customers, must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations – 25% of the time.Vision – must be able to clearly focus on information located on a computer screen, paperwork, etc. – 50% of the time.Lift/Carry – must be able to lift/carry up to 30 lbs. of site equipment when necessary.
Submit a resume online for this position.