Structural EI or PE
Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide pre-design services such as data gathering, programming, and planning
- Provide structural construction documents including drawings, specifications, calculations and cost estimating support for building frames, foundations, equipment supports, etc, under the supervision of licensed engineer
- Prepare written reports based on findings from studies, structural analyses, and condition assessments
- Participate as a team member on building projects ranging from $100,000 to $80,000,000 in construction value
- Coordinate work with other design disciplines
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for drawing preparations and checking process
- Function as a technical expert making recommendations to design consultants, contractors and owners
- Construction phase support- Respond to RFI’s, review construction submittals and shop drawings, perform construction site observations and prepare report
- Bachelor Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or related field
- Certified Engineer Intern or recent PE a plus
- 1-5 years of structural engineering experience
- Experience with structural calculations
- Experience designing vertical building structures
- Ability to work as part of a multi-discipline project team ensuring that respective discipline work is accomplished according to schedule
- Occasional overtime may be necessary
- Some travel will be required
- Revit experience a plus
- Writing and communication skills are critical
- Familiarity with federal agencies and governing documents and design requirements a plus
- Understanding of both design/bid/build and design/build project delivery methods
Bachelors or better in Architecture or related field.
Bachelors or better in Civil Engineering or related field.
Licenses & Certifications: Required - Engineering Intern, Preferred - Professional Engineer
Essential Physical Functions:
Stand or sit – must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.Walk –this position requires the ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. – 25% of the time.Full range of motion to walk, stoop and stand while working on worksites – 25% of the time.Use hands/fingers – must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer – 50% of the time.Talk – This position frequently communicates with internal and external customers, must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations – 25% of the time.Vision – must be able to clearly focus on information located on a computer screen, paperwork, etc. – 50% of the time.Lift/Carry – must be able to lift/carry up to 30 lbs. of site equipment when necessary.
Submit a resume online for this position.