Knowledge is Power: Understanding Rates and Cost of Service 2017 Seminar - September 27th - 28th
Electric cooperative members are more sophisticated than ever. They are informed, maintain high expectations and desire excellent service. Electric cooperatives also are complex and require more advanced management, financial and communications skills from staff than ever before.
You expect your staff to not only meet the expectations of your members, but also exceed them – all while differentiating your cooperative from other utilities. Give them the tools and training to set your cooperative apart!
What you will learn:
- Do we need a rate increase? How are revenue requirements determined? Will the cooperative’s financial objectives be met?
- How much should each rate class contribute to the cooperative’s revenue requirement? Will we still be competitive?
- How do we properly allocate costs to each class? How does this impact the competitiveness of rates?
- What is the best method for determining demand, energy and customer charges? How do we balance cost of service and subsidization?
- What is each member’s contribution to their class’ revenue requirements?
- How do we accurately reflect purchased power costs?
Why you should attend:
- Be better prepared to discuss rates with individual members.
- Better understand and use your existing cost of service study.
- Understand how rates are derived as a key element of cooperative management.
- Cost of Service and Rates Overview – It is More Important Than Ever
- System, Class and Customer Revenue Requirements
- Cost of Service and Allocation Factors
- Rate Design and Class Subsidy
- Line Extension Policy and Impact
Who should attend:
CEOs, COOs, CFOs, general managers, controllers, office managers, engineers, accountants, marketing and member services, and key account managers.
Sept. 27-28, 2017
Wednesday – 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Thursday – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (We are available after lunch for individual assistance.)
5555 N. Grand Blvd.
Second Floor – East End
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
Entry is priced at $695 per attendee.