Sr. Transportation Engineer (PE)
Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assist the Department Manager in preparing scope definitions, staffing projections, and other supporting information as necessary for project proposals.
- Assist the Department Manager in scoping and obtaining technical/fee proposals from surveyors, geotechnical engineers, traffic engineers, utility consultants, and other disciplines as needed.
- In coordination with the Department Manager, assemble and lead project teams. Take personal responsibility for ensuring a quality product is delivered within budget and on time.
- Efficiently and effectively handle multiple projects and multiple contingencies. Identify challenges that may threaten or compromise the project’s ability to meet deadlines and/or ordinary engineering practice (standard of care); seek technical input and/or additional staff as appropriate.
- Organize ODOT drawings and reports in a manner emphasizing clarity and facilitating correct interpretation for the benefit of internal reviews, external agency or client reviews, and use by contractors that minimizes RFIs, clarification requests, and change orders.
Education: Minimum of a BS degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline.
Experience: Ten plus years industry-related experience. Active relationship with ODOT and/or OTA preferred. PE required.
Software: Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as AutoCAD required. Capability with additional software relating to hydraulics/hydrology, etc. is a plus.
Essential Physical Functions: Stand or sit – must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Walk –this position requires the ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. – 25% of the time. Full range of motion to walk, stoop and stand while working on worksites – 25% of the time. Use hands/fingers – must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer – 50% of the time. Talk – This position frequently communicates with internal and external customers, must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations – 25% of the time. Vision – must be able to clearly focus on information located on a computer screen, paperwork, etc. – 50% of the time. Lift/Carry – must be able to lift/carry up to 30 lbs. of site equipment when necessary.
Submit a resume online for this position.