Senior Consultant - Fairbanks, AK
Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
- Become a part of a dynamic project team in the delivery of consulting expertise, primarily in the field of Department of Defense (DoD) Utility Privatization (UP). Work on-site, as needed, at the US Army Garrison Fort Wainwright, Alaska providing UP Program Management support to the Utilities Privatization division within the Department of Public Works office.
- Support UP teams in the management of UP programs at Fort Greely, Alaska and Joint Base Elmendorf (JBER), Alaska.
- Provide strategic long-term utility planning and detailed analysis to DoD installations in Alaska
- Support is needed for the following functions
(listed in no particular order):
- Support to the federal government for contract administration
- Federal contract compliance advice and guidance
- Review and provide feedback on utility master plans
- Work with the Government team in performing Quality Assurance in the field of utility construction, GIS, SCADA, maintenance management system, etc.
- Marketing of the company efforts in the field of energy management & UP
- Actively participate in meetings between the Government stakeholders and the UP contractor
- DoD UP and energy management experience is required
- Preference for utility hands-on experience at a military site; knowledge of construction oversight, GIS and maintenance management system; these elements will form distinguishing evaluation factors
- Ability to record and organize meticulous notes and documentation
- Writing and communication skills are critical to our business practice
- Must function well in a team environment and under occasionally tight deadlines
- Experience dealing with UP contract management
- Travel required throughout the 50 states; must commit to the potential of 20% average travel
Essential Physical Functions:
Stand or sit – must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Walk –this position requires the ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. – 25% of the time. Full range of motion to walk, stoop and stand while working on worksites – 25% of the time. Use hands/fingers – must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer – 50% of the time. Talk – This position frequently communicates with internal and external customers, must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations – 25% of the time. Vision – must be able to clearly focus on information located on a computer screen, paperwork, etc. – 50% of the time. Lift/Carry – must be able to lift/carry up to 30 lbs. of site equipment when necessary.
Submit a resume online for this position.