DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will involve working with and implementing security technologies supporting our security consulting practice. The preferred candidate will be part of a team working to establish an Information Security framework and helping develop a comprehensive IT Security programs for our clients. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Take an active role in Cyber Security Consulting practice and grow professional expertise in emerging cybersecurity tools and techniques.
- Analyze and define security requirements for information protection
- Perform as a member of a team responsible for the development of security infrastructure to include:
- Information systems hardening policy design and hardening application to IT infrastructure
- Review and analysis of operational capabilities for IT
- Review and analysis of network and security monitoring and testing tools
- Perform and review vulnerability scanning; must be able to review results prioritize mitigation activities and make recommendations to system administrative staff
- Assist with the performance of penetration testing techniques
- Be recognized by clients as a key contributor to project deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security Management Information systems, or related field, or additional two years of industry experience
- Technical experience in running, managing, designing, monitoring or otherwise operating computer systems and operational tools.
- Understanding of network infrastructure and server operational requirements
- Have experience or familiarity of NIST Policies, Governance, Security Planning and Architecture, Incident Analysis, and General Security Best Practices and practical application of these methodologies
- Be able to execute with limited direction or conceptual direction, anticipates client needs and proactively supports those needs.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills to support customers, internal stakeholders, peers, and public audiences with an ability to succinctly relay information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Technical expertise of operational and security controls and security tool implementation
- Experience developing and deploying security evaluation/monitoring tools such as Tenable Security Center, Nessus, or SIEM tools such as AlienVault, or Splunk
- Experience working in smaller project teams or task areas where quality standards are exceeded
- Experience with the design, review or analysis of network infrastructure
- Experience with the design, review and hardening of information systems; such as Windows, Linux/Unix, web application servers, routers/switches, databases
Essential Physical Functions:
Stand or sit – must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.Walk –this position requires the ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. – 25% of the time.Full range of motion to walk, stoop and stand while working on worksites – 25% of the time.Use hands/fingers – must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer – 50% of the time.Talk – This position frequently communicates with internal and external customers, must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations – 25% of the time.Vision – must be able to clearly focus on information located on a computer screen, paperwork, etc. – 50% of the time.Lift/Carry – must be able to lift/carry up to 30 lbs. of site equipment when necessary.