Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
Distribution planning and design experience from the initial conceptual/feasibility study and cost estimating phase through detailed design, installation, and startup phases is essential including:
- Experience in performing Long Range Plans, Construction Work Plans, and Coordination Studies for electric distribution cooperatives.
- Experience in the design and installation of new and modified overhead distribution and underground distribution facilities.
- Experience in performing engineering analysis utilizing Milsoft’s WindMil and Light Table software.
- Experience in preparing settings for distribution reclosers and breakers.
- Experience in performing Periodic Work Order Inspections.
- Ability to develop and maintain technical standards associated with distribution work.
- Utility relocation planning and coordination.
- Ability to interact and communicate with clients.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required along with strong presentation skills.
- Coordination with substation engineers, P&C specialists, designers, manufacturers, and other suppliers.
- Experience with RUS standards and documents, the NESC, and knowledge of IEEE, ANSI, IEC, NERC/RFC, NFPA/NEC and other industry standards and codes.
- Prepares written technical documents such as planning reports, design criteria, specifications and other technical documents.
- Some travel is required.
Additional Experience Preferred:
- Transmission design using PLSCAD.
- Substation design.
- Distributed Generation interconnect studies and system impact studies.
- AutoCAD and ESRI experience
- BS in electrical engineering from accredited university
- 5+ years minimum experience with distribution design and planning experience
- PE license preferred.If not a current PE, applicant expected to obtain license.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship. Guernsey does not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.
Education: Bachelors or better in Electrical Engineering.
Experience: Required - 5 years: Experience with distribution design and planning experience
Licenses & Certifications: Preferred - Professional Engineer
Essential Physical Functions:
Stand or sit – must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.Walk –this position requires the ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. – 25% of the time.Full range of motion to walk, stoop and stand while working on worksites – 25% of the time.Use hands/fingers – must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer – 50% of the time.Talk – This position frequently communicates with internal and external customers, must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations – 25% of the time.Vision – must be able to clearly focus on information located on a computer screen, paperwork, etc. – 50% of the time.Lift/Carry – must be able to lift/carry up to 30 lbs. of site equipment when necessary.
Submit a resume online for this position.