Civil CAD/Design Technician
Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop CAD drawings for projects primarily related to transportation design (highways, roadways, streets), but also with some experience in water lines, sewer lines, drainage structures, and any other drawings required for the Engineering & Environmental Group
- Ability to produce working drawings from mark-ups and verbal descriptions
- Ability to communicate effectively with project managers, engineers, and other professionals regarding work activities
- Some travel may be required and may necessitate occasional use of personal vehicle
- 10-20 years’ experience with consulting engineering firms
- Experience with AutoCAD 2017 or higher, Civil 3D, preferably with knowledge of MicroStation as well.
- Experience with quantity take-offs for cost estimating purposes
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets a plus
- Organizational skills to work on several projects at a time is required
- Work well in a team-oriented environment
Essential Physical Functions:
Stand or sit – must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.Walk –this position requires the ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. – 25% of the time.Full range of motion to walk, stoop and stand while working on worksites – 25% of the time.Use hands/fingers – must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer – 50% of the time.Talk – This position frequently communicates with internal and external customers, must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations – 25% of the time.Vision – must be able to clearly focus on information located on a computer screen, paperwork, etc. – 50% of the time.Lift/Carry – must be able to lift/carry up to 30 lbs. of site equipment when necessary
Submit a resume online for this position.